How Do I Know If I'm Wearing The Wrong Bra Size?
Finding the Correct Bra Size
You might have already found your perfect size a few months ago but now the bra doesn’t fit correctly. The following reasons can cause your perfect size bra to change quickly:
* Recent weight gain
* Weight loss
* Changes in your diet
* New workout regimen that builds muscle
* The bra shrunk when you washed it several times
* The band stretched out and is now loose
* The straps need to be adjusted to custom fit your size
Gather the Tools You Need
1. Measure Your Band Size
2. Measure Your Bust Size
3. Find out Your Cup Size
The following calculation determines the size of your cup:
Your bust measurement – Your band size = Size of cup
Here’s an example: 37” inch bust – 34” inch band size = 3” inches
In American sizes, a 3” inch cup is equivalent to a size 34 C bra.
The Secret to Sizing Up or Down
You need to be prepared to size up or down to find a properly fitting bra. For example, if the cups in the size 34 C bra feel and look too big for you, you can move to a size 36 B. It’s best to try on a variety of sizes including your actual size, then one size up and one size down.
If you are making a purchase in the store you can ask to try on the sizes in the fitting rooms. However, if you are ordering online, it’s best to order a few sizes so you can try them on at home.
When ordering a few sizes and trying them on at home, make sure you understand the return policy correctly before making the purchase. Many women choose to keep all three sizes they order because their weight fluctuates a few pounds throughout the year and it’s convenient to have on hand.
How to Make Sure Your Bra Size is Correct
* Put our new bra on and allow your breasts to gently fall into the cups then stand up and fasten the band. This technique will ensure the cup size is appropriate.
* A comfortable and well-fitting bra will allow you to place the tip of a pencil or pen between the band and your skin. However, if the pencil or pen falls out, the bra is too loose. Bras that are too tight won’t allow you to place a pencil or pen at all, which means you need a larger size.
* Shorten the straps to customize the fit to your body. Remember to always tighten the band before adjusting the straps.
* Once you put the bra on and adjust it for a custom fit, put on a fitted shirt to see how it looks under clothing. If the cups of the bra pucker or your breasts look like they are bulging out of the bra, you need to choose a different size. The goal is to allow the bra to be form fitting to reveal your shape comfortably and seamlessly. Keep in mind that lace bras sometimes show wrinkles under tight clothing. If you don’t like this look, choose a bra that has a smooth cup surface.
* Stand sideways in front of a mirror while wearing the bra. Your breasts need to sit exactly in the middle between your elbows and your shoulders. If your breasts don’t sit midway you need a bra that provides more support.
* Fasten the bra on the tightest hook to make sure you feel comfortable. The band tends to become loose with frequent use which means you will eventually need to use the tightest hooks for a proper fit.
The measurement instructions listed in the steps above are the same worldwide. However, if you are located in the United States, make sure you use inches, and if you are in Asia, use centimeters.
Now that you know the secret to find your ideal size, you can feel confident making the right choice!